Using Positive Psychology to Coach Emotional Intelligence
Positive psychology is the scientific study of character strengths that enable individuals, teams, organizations and communities to thrive. The field is founded on the belief that people want to lead meaningful and fulfilling lives, to cultivate what is best within themselves, and to enhance their experiences of love work and play.
Our focus in this course will be on the power of positive emotions, positive individual characteristics and traits, and positive institutions (including families, communities, and workplaces).
Understanding positive emotions requires the study of contentment with the past, happiness in the present and hope for the future. We will explore the capacity of love and work, resilience, creativity, curiosity, integrity, self-knowledge, self-control, courage, compassion and wisdom.
In this course, we will undertake an in-depth exploration of how to use positive psychology in coaching emotional intelligence, including:
- How to use positive psychology and well-being questionnaires to generate awareness
- The latest theories about positive psychology and how it relates to health, life satisfaction, reduction of stress, and productivity
- How to use the neuroscience of positive psychology to bring about behavior change in individuals and groups
- How to build families and schools that allow children to flourish
- How to build a workplace that fosters satisfaction, engagement and high productivity
- How to foster civility and civil engagement in our communities
- How to use the burgeoning suite of positive psychology tools, exercises and interventions to make a difference with our clients
The course meets 6 times, once per week for one hour and you will earn 6 recertification credits from the ICF (excluding self-study course) or HRCI upon completion. Cost is $795.