Research has demonstrated that people with strong social and emotional intelligence are healthier, have more satisfying marriages (and other relationships), and they even earn more over their life times (see the research citations below).
And the health benefits for enhancing our personal social and emotional intelligence are even more compelling. People with high social and emotional intelligence are:
- Healthier, happier and more productive
- Experience lower rates of chronic illness
- Have lower disease risks
- Have fewer symptoms and less pain when they do fall ill
- Less likely to have high blood pressure, heart attacks, diabetes, or a stroke
- More likely to live longer – up to ten years longer!
(Cohen, S. & Doherty, R., Psychological Bulletin, 2005, and Fredrickson, B., Positivity, 2009)
Research also shows the following outcomes of healthy, positive emotions:
- Improved performance and achievement
- Greater creativity and innovative problem-solving
- Better decision-making
- More flexible thought processes
- Improved memory
- Improved hormonal balance
Amazingly, research has also shown that:
- People with positive emotions earn more over the course of their lifetimes. (Diener, E., Social Indicators Research, 2002)
- People with positive emotions have more satisfying marriages. (Harker, L. & Keltner, D., Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2001)
Our transformational programs for individuals include highly interactive, content-rich webinars and 1:1 personalized coaching.
You will learn
- How to become aware of your emotions and those of others – in the moment — and
- How you can use this information to manage your behavioral responses and manage your relationships more effectively
- What your strengths and potential vulnerabilities are in the area of social and emotional intelligence
- How to strengthen your communication and interpersonal skills
- How to become more resilient and intentional in living your life
- How to enhance your personal power, self-confidence, and assertiveness, and how to speak “truth to power”
- How to use the power of optimism to get what you want and where you want
- How to make better decisions in your life, relationships and career
- How to manage conflict more productively
- How to be a better parent, spouse, friend, colleague
- How to read others’ and understand the emotions they are experiencing
- How enhancing your social and emotional intelligence will make you healthier
How the program works
The program is designed to be completed online with the personalized, 1:1 support of your own Social and Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach.
The first step is to meet with your coach (a phone conference and/or webinar), where you are introduced to the program and given and orientation to the training materials available to you. We also use this phone orientation to learn a little more about you, your current situation, and your interest in learning about this all-important topic.
The second step is for you to take the Social and Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP)® so you can learn about your strengths and development needs. This allows both you and your coach to focus your energies where it will do the most good right from the start.
The third step is to develop, with your coach, your own personalized action plan based on the needs identified in the SEIP, and the fourth is to begin the self-paced program of study using the online videos, workbook, worksheets, reflection exercises, journal exercises and more while at the same time, continuing your regular, ongoing coaching sessions.
Because every individual has different strengths and development needs when it comes to social and emotional intelligence, and because of the self-paced nature of the program, the length of the program varies by individual. That said, behavior change does take time, and the minimum length of time to do this work is six months.
The cost of the six-month starter program is $3,995 and the cost is $595 per month thereafter. Please contact us to make arrangements.